1. How to update Essenza version without loosing my data?
The best way is to access via ftp to your server, and follow the steps:
- Close all pages on your browser directing to your wordpress admin area
- Go to wp-content/themes
- Remove the essenza folder
- Extract essenza.zip located in the download package you just downloaded from TF
- Upload the essenza folder to wp-content/themes
- After all has uploaded head to your admin area->template customizer(Essenza tab) and check if options are corrected according to what you had, if so press save, so the css gets re-compiled. If the options are not the correct ones contact us but everything should be fine.
2. I want to use contact form 7 plugin but it isn't working properly.
- Download the corrected plugin files from here
- Extract the two files within the zip
- Upload and replace the 2 files in your server at wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/js/
- Now go to the template customizer in wordpress admin section and disable ajax pages loading in General Settings -> Navigation and press save
You can now use contact form and everything should run smoothly.
3. How can I disable comments for a page?
You can disable or enable comments for each individual page, follow the following steps to do so:
- Open the screen options on the page admin where you want to enable/disable comments (1)
- Make sure "Comments" is checked (2)
- Scroll to the end of the page where your comments options section will be (3)
- Check or uncheck "Allow comments" according to what you want (4)